Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Palm Sync 4 phpGW

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Palm Sync 4 phpGW
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 08:50:54 +1100

Brian Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Are you keeping with the concept that once set up, selecting
> records to sync can be
> accomplished by adding and removing categories on the Palm that
> match the phpgw
> categories?  I love this concept since it means that the sync
> config can be
> modified directly on the Palm while away from the computer (it
> also means that a
> sync config program/client is not necessary).

I was planning on syncing all addressbook cats the user has access to.
I am still trying to work out what to do when a user can only read a
entry on phpgw, but edits it on the palm.  I think it will just drop
them in the sync - what do others think?

> Sounds like a good starting plan, get it working and then add
> features (although I
> don't think any, other than the Palm addressbook sync, need
> additional features)

That is the plan.  In the future it may even be possible to develop palm
version of some phpgw apps ... but that is sometime down the track.

> What's tz info?

tz = time zone :)

Cheers

Dave