Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Intermodule record link system

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Intermodule record link system
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 17:13:37 +0000

right, but in an App, you only have the app name via code, and have to do a char
lookup to do the ID anyway.  And if indexes are made on the char fields there is
very little performance difference even in a very large db.  THe app name
change is
a valid point, though I would hope this wouldn't occur often in the core apps,
and
would be handled buy the setup app when needed.   if an admin wants to change
the
name of an app in mid stream, they should be ready to deal with the
consequences.