Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Serious PHPGroupware

From: Miles Lott
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Serious PHPGroupware
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 07:20:54 -0500

Dan Kuykendall wrote:
> Now seriously, I am not perfect with this, but I honestly do my best to
> listen to others ideas and take all of them into consideration.

... and then take credit for them.

> At the time it was not my idea to do this... it was yours. But it was my
> decision. I could have forced you guys to fork the project since I do
> own the domain, and controlled the sourceforge project and all that. If
> I remember correctly I would have had Jengos support as well.

No, it was ceb's idea.  But I was all for it because I also was tired of
your
pattern of taking credit for others' work, among other things.  I can't
remember if skeeter voted for this or at all.

Your decision because you own the domain?  Exactly the problem!  The
domain
is NOT the project.  But this is typical of your attitude towards the
rest of us.
Your ownership of the domain and having the website on your server is
apparently NOT IN GOOD FAITH.  No, that's not right.  Again, the project
is not the website.  The CVS is also not yours.

> Again, this is not true. I fought YOU tooth and nail, but I understood
> that I could not run the project on my own and that something needed to
> be done.

You realized that i was not the only one for the idea - period.  It
would have
looked really bad for you to close off our access and hold a quick
coronation.

> Yes, there have been many reasons. Free Software projects which are lead
> and developed by volunteers are not able to depend on having an idea
> development and release cycle. Just how it works out.

Good luck with the yearly release plan.

> You have said yourself over the last few months and in the above lines
> that the core team is not really working out for various reasons. So
> public opinion is what is left to me as well as my own development
> goals. Hopefully the coreteam will be able to get back together and get
> things moving along again.

You break it by ignoring the voting plan and just continuing to announce
things.  I recall that the voting started and ended with the gif issue.
Which was the very issue that brought on the creation of the core team.

> I have been active again and doing lots of development work in the
> background with some new ideas. I will be putting some more of these in
> CVS over the next couple of days in hopes that this project can get some
> new life and vigor. Right now phpGW basicly works very well and we need
> new ideas and new developer blood to make it more interesting.

The HEAD cvs is NOT working very well.  I hope for the sake of the users
that someone finishes the work on templates which started 3 months ago.
Nice job there making it impossible to work until you were ready.

--

Miles Lott
http://milosch.net