Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] How can I contribute ?

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] How can I contribute ?
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 20:04:43 -0700

This is a pretty cool app for what its needed for. Do you want to put this into the main phpGW cvs tree?

sigurdne wrote:
I would like to contribute to phpgroupware with some Facilities Management features.

As a part of a phd-study (and my job as a facilities management consultant) i have built some modules that combined with phpgroupware made Peregrines FacilityCenter superfluous - which is saving us about $10.000 per year

The system is today serving the maintenance of 5000 apartments in Bergen Kommune , Norway with approximately 800 orders per month made by 6 concurrent users.

Features:

-Property
 --Property register
 --Equipment register
 --Drawing register (depended of viewer (as "voloview"))

-FM Trouble ticket system (built on tts - added location)

-Invoice handling - approval per role

-Workorders:
--Tenant register
--Vendor-register (the standard Addressbook)
--Vendor Agreement administration
--Vendor prizelist with index history
--Requests registration
--Ad hoc workorder (sent by email – either smtp or sendmail)
--Generate General tender for bidding based on building standards
--Vendor/service-partner agreement administration
--Generating of orders from prize list from individual vendors by predefined agreements.

I also have a patch to support the ability to define your one ID's in Addressbook (borrowed from "project") which is somewhat necessary to interact with accounting systems

A demo visualizing some of the features is located at http://www.fm-system.no/demo/