Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpWebHosting and ACL

From: Giancarlo Susin
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpWebHosting and ACL
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:09:46 -0300

I've tried your patch, but haven't got ACL working as expected; only full access to the user/group who owns the folder.

What I think would be the expected behaviour is:
- a group can give to another group or user access to its folder
- a group can set the privileges (read, add, edit or delete) other groups or users have on its folder - a group can restrict the privileges its own members have (e.g. to give full access to one user only)

This would be set in Admin ACL page, having the defaults set through the Setup option you've mentioned.

Looking at files phpgwapi/inc/class.vfs_sql.inc.php and phpwebhosting/index.php it seems some coding is still needed to get things working this way. I'm not sure I can get this, but I can try.

Thanks,

Giancarlo

Jason Wies wrote:

Try the attached patch, that should fix it.

Notes:

* No user <-> user sharing (must be user <-> group)
* As Chris mentioned, you have to go "Up" to /home before the group directories
become active
* If a user is in a group and no ACL access is specified, they have full access
(I believe the 'acl_default' option in setup is for this situation, but it is
not supported for files)

I just did a full run-through with the patch, and Read/Add/Edit/Delete all work
as expected.  Please let me know if it works for you.

Jason Wies aka Zone