[Phpgroupware-developers] usage scenario and global categories

From: Dan Bethe
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] usage scenario and global categories
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:27:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all.  I posted the following email to the phpgroupware-users list and I'm
getting the sense that it has developer-related implications.

http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/phpgroupware-users/2002-April/000569.html

Such as the idea that application-specific global categories should be able to
inherit systemwide global categories as parents.  In other words, that I should
be able to create a systemwide global category as a parent and then create
children to it in app-specific global categories.

So I need to know

    1) if people are understanding my usage scenario

    2) if my proposed workaround is normal for right now on RC1

I just need to start immediately using Calendar, DCL, and Addressbook with a
reasonable amount of continuity between their contents.  I don't want to
pressure anyone; I can do with a workaround if needed.  Hopefully I can later
programmatically correct it as phpgw matures.

I'm not subscribed to this list due to storage constraints to please cc me or
I'll check the archives.  Thanks!

=====
Ambassador Communication Services -=- http://ambcomm.com
   Managed Teleconferencing and Transcription Services