pewit-dev

Re: [Pewit-dev] Changelog

From: Yoshinori Okuji
Subject: Re: [Pewit-dev] Changelog
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:17:06 +0200

On Wednesday 24 September 2003 14:37, Michael Renzmann wrote:
> One question: is the changelog manually maintained?

Yes, it is.

> This questions targets on: should the fixed bugs be mentioned one by
> one, compressed ("fixed bugs #5506, #5510, #5527") or not at all?

I prefer one by one.

At the moment, I make PEWIT according to the GNU Coding Standards, such as the
C coding style and file organizations. It is because I'm very used to the
standards and I think they are not bad. So I make the file ChangeLog, which
is a requirement of GNU.

But, as this project is not GNU, we have no obligation to follow all of the
standards. Thus let me know, if you think it is bad to keep maintaining
ChangeLog manually.

Personally I think having ChangeLog is a Good Thing, because it is difficult
to know what changes were made at a given date only by the CVS log command.
But I don't know if it should be manual or automatic.

YO
--
Yoshinori Okuji
Nexedi Research Director

About www.nexedi.com

Nexedi is a consulting and development services company helping small and
medium organisations to choose open source / free software and fulfill
their IT application needs. Nexedi is the founder of the ERP5 project, a
Free / Open Source ERP software based on innovative technologies
(www.erp5.org).

About www.storever.com

Storever provides a reliable source for OpenBrick, WiFi infrastructure,
notebooks and servers preconfigured with the GNU/Linux operating system