pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Re: Translation to Bulgarian

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [pdf-devel] Re: Translation to Bulgarian
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 18:19:11 +0300

Йордан Миладинов wrote:
> I can translate the website to Bulgarian.

You'd better join the Bulgarian gnu.org translation team to help
translating philosophical essays or translate free software via the
many established teams (translationproject.org, GNOME, KDE,
OpenOffice.org, Mozilla, etc.).

I don't want to sound abusive, but this website is not worth
translating in any language, at least for the time being.  (Maybe it
won't be worth translating even when GNU PDF is complete, as all
potential contributors presumably speak some English.)  There are
*much* more important areas to work on as translator, especially for
relevantly obscure languages with limited resources where ~3-5 people
(try to) translate the whole stack...

(Note that I'm not the maintainer, not even a contributor, so my
response should not be taken as authoritative.  Just a personal
advice, nothing more.  If you want to work on something,
nothing/nobody can or should stop you.)