pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Improvements for pdf-filter

From: gerel
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Improvements for pdf-filter
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 05:14:55 -0800 (PST)

 > Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 10:56:29 +0100
 > From: address@hidden
 >
 >    While on IRC, Beuc suggested that the pdf-filter utility returns an error
 > when
 >    using 1) no filter or 2) a non-implemented filter.
 >    I thought it was a good idea, so I attach a patch for that feature here.
 >
 > What is the point of returning an error if no filter is applied?

Notice that an error is only returned if all the selected filters are not
implemented, otherwise just warnings for the unimplemented ones.

 > Ideally all the filters that can be specified in the command line
 > options are implemented so, what is the point of returning an error
 > code if a filter is not implemented?

As you said, 'ideally'. If some library tester not involved in the library
development wants to use the utility it would be nice to report those warnings
and error.

Anyways, it's not essential so I agree whatever your resolution is. :-)

regards,
-gerel