pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Extracting documentation from sources

From: gerel
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Extracting documentation from sources
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 16:19:01 -0700 (PDT)

 > Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 15:39:41 +0200
 > From: Juan Pedro Bolivar Puente <address@hidden>
 >
 > I don't want to bother you with the typical: "hey you do things the way
 > I like", but I just thought that using a documentation generator from
 > the sources could highly improve productivity and documentation quality,
 > and leaves no need for API consistency checks.

Hi Juan.

I like the idea of merging source with documentation and avoid API consistency
checks. The only drawback I see, is that the format we use to document the API
on
the reference manual is sligthly more complex (correct me if I'm wrong) than the
one used by gdoc (e.g. we need to specify pdf_status_t values). I'm not against
it though.

OTOH, if you all prefer I'm willing to write down a documentation syntax and a
perl script that scans source files and generates the info format we're using on
the reference manual (considering the specification of pdf_status_t values and
such).

just my 2 cents.
cheers

-gerel