pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] System 64-bit types

From: Aleksander Morgado
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] System 64-bit types
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 21:27:58 +0200

#ifdef PDF_USE_BUILTIN_64BIT_SUPPORT
/* Use the pdf_i64 implementation */
pdf_i64_set (number, 20);
#else
/* Simply use the scalar type */
number = 20;
#endif

Your approach has the advantage of providing a uniform interface for
the modules using 'pdf_i64', but I am thinking more in the efficiency
of the code and in the fact that most 32bit machines/OS/compilers
provides a native 64bit scalar type (such as long long).

What do you think?

Uff... I don't like it... And macros instead of functions if 64bit numbers are supported by the OS? Is it possible?