pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Debian Package

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: [pdf-devel] Debian Package
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 10:30:32 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all.

It seems that Daniel Baumann (a Debian maintainer) created Debian packages
for the GNU PDF Library:

    - libgnupdf0
    - libgnupdf-dev
    - libgnupdf-dbg

http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=names&keywords=libgnupdf

The packages are in the unstable (sid) branch of the distribution.

Right now the library does not provide a lot of functionalities, but as
soon as we reach the BASE-LAYER-0 milestone the library will become useful
to manipulate PDF files in the object level.

The Debian build system is building the library in several plattforms:
alpha, amd64, armel, i386, kfreebsd-amd64, kfreebsd-i386 mips mpsel
powerpc s390 and sparc. We can use that facility as a dynamic indicator of
the portability of the library, in the compilation level.

Cheers.