partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] question about retransmitted messages

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] question about retransmitted messages
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:38:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Stefan Fritzsche wrote:

> Hello mailing-list,
>
> I recently mentioned retransmitted messages,
> and aked, if there is a way to hook those
> messages.
>
> Now I have a related question:
> Assuming there is an incoming message, processed
> by a callback-function: What happens if the call-
> back-function takes to long for processing and
> the retransmitted message arrives at this moment?
>
> Is there some kind of queue, so that retransmitted
> message will be processed one after the other?

oSIP received events in fifo and process message
one after the other. The retranmission will result
in a new answer sent.

> Or might it be, that the retransmitted message
> could be delivered earlier than the original
> message, because the second message will not be
> processed by the callback-handler, which takes so
> long?

This is not possible. events are always added in order
to osip state machine.

> (e.g. if one tries to configure a dynamic udp-bridge
> in a callback-handler, then this might corrupt the
> configuration, or at least the manipulated sdp-payload
> contained in the retransmitted sip-message)

The callback (for osip) are only called in one thread.
No other thread can access this information when a callback
is running.

For partysip callback (hook), a mutex is making sure that
information cannot be accessed more than once at the same
time... By mostly locking evry other thread.... :-<

Aymeric