partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] PartySIP compliance to RFC

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] PartySIP compliance to RFC
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 19:43:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Chintan Thakker wrote:

> Hi,
>   We need a server that is compliant to the rfc3261 standard to test our
> product. I was wondering if the latest partysip server was compliant to
> rfc3261 or rfc2543?

It's compliant with rfc3261 (and is bacward compatible with compliant
rfc2543 server and user agent.)

> I am currently running windows XP and have downloaded both
> 'partysip-0.5.0-win32-bin' and 'partysip-0.5.5-2-win32-bin'.

> I can get 'partysip-0.5.0-win32-bin' working but the 0.5.5-2 gives me
> a problem (some entry point not found in MSVCRTD.dll)

partysip-0.5.0-win32-bin is VERY old and UNSTABLE.
partysip-0.5.5-2-win32-bin is also very old. A lot
of bugs have been fixed since that time.

You should get the latest source and compile them on your own.

>    Since partysip uses oSIP, does the rfc compliance come from oSIP ?

50% from osip and 50% from partysip.

> What version of rfc does 0.5.0 support ? what version does 0.5.5-2
> support ?

Those version are bugguy. Do not use them to test partysip.

To compile from the sources, grab the latest version from the
CVS of osip and partysip. Then you'll get a very few bugs.

You should also try the linux/unix version (there is more
functionnalities there)

On windows, prefer W2000 with a recent microsoft platform SDK
(needed to compile partysip).

Aymeric