partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] help me to figure out the big picture of partysip???

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] help me to figure out the big picture of partysip???
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:41:01 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Roland Zheng wrote:

> My friends,

> I have just successed in compiling the partysip and about to look into the
> code.
> I am trying to figure out how the code organized.
> It seems there is very little document there about the arctitecture of
> partysip.
> Could you help me out so that I can understand the code much quicker?

... so much to say.

I just make some quick comment to start:

When partysip is launched, I load some plugins which are mainly
used to process incoming request. (and a very few to update info
in answers when the request is rejected)

So when a new call arrive from the "tlp" module it is given to the "imp"
module, where all plugins will be called in order and give a decision:
 either of:
 * "continue processing" when the plugin has no final decision
 * "stop processing" when the call is either rejected or accepted and a
   location is found.

If a plugin has decided to answer this call (with a 200 to 699 answer
code), the request will be processed by the uap (ua processing) module.

If a location has been found (even if not yet resolved), then the
request is given to the sfp module (statefull processing). In this
case, we really handle request in the "SIP proxy mode" forwarding
the request to locations given by plugins and waiting for a final
answer from somewhere. When a final answer is received by this module,
the response is forwarded and other branches are cancelled.

I think it's enough to start with...?
Aymeric