partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] ATA186 and partysip question

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] ATA186 and partysip question
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 02:31:47 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Frost, Rod wrote:

> All,
>
> I am testing 2 ata 186's with partysip and during the call setup I see
> the following.
>
> UA                    Server                          UB
>
> Invite--------------->
>                       Trying <---------------
>                       Invite ----------------->
>                                               Trying <---------------
>                                               Ringing <-----------------
>                       Ringing <--------------
>                                               OK <---------------
>                       OK <------------------
>
> Ack -------------------------->
>

> Now the question is should UA be sending the ACK directly to UB or
> should it go through the server?  Right now the UA is sending the ACK
> to the server and the server is not forwarding it to UB.  So UB
> continues to send an OK waiting for the ACK I assume then after a
> couple of OK's from UB.  UB hangs up.

If "record-route on" is set EVRYWHERE it appears in partysip.conf, then
all ACK will be sent by the UAs to the proxy. If the "record-route" option
is not used, ACK for 2xx must be sent directly to the contact header of
the 200ok received. (which should target to the remote UA!!!). You
can probably change a option in the ATA cojfiguration to get the
correct behavior.

> I am using version 0.5.0 windows for partysip.

If you use the very latest 0.5.3, you can enable this option to
support CANCEL from ATA186. There is a bug here in the ATA.

# With Cisco ATA (version v2.15 ata18x)
# More generally, if you can't CANCEL calls, try to uncomment this:

disable_check_for_to_tag_in_cancel = on

>  The question is should the partysip server be sending the ACK to UB
> or do I have Cisco problem where the ata is sending the ACK to the
> wrong place.

It is sending it to the incorrect place (depending on record-route mode
used...) I have tested myself an ATA this week and all test were OK
without record-route set. Aymeric

Aymeric