partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] problem with ringing tone

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] problem with ringing tone
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 20:55:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, luke dobson wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am using partysip to connect two ciso ATAs together.  I can make calls
> and the voicepath is fine but I have a small problem.  I have two
> numbers 10 and 20
>
> 10 dials 20#
> 20 starts to ring
> there is no ringing tone at 10!
>
> My understanding of the message flow is this.
> 10 sends an invite to the SIP which forwards to to 20
> 20 sends a "180 ringing" signal back to 10.    <-- I don't think this is
> arriving.

Right, partysip is not yet complete and when running in statefull mode,
the provisionnal response are not forwarded. I have to rewrite some part
of the code in this module and any quick hack to forward 180 will be
a useless effort. Anyway, the next version will probably forward them.

> When I look in the logfile I don't see the reply.

Can you confirm that the 180 is sent to partysip and not forwarded
to the caller? This is the expected and wrong behavior...

Aymeric