partysip-dev

[Partysip-dev] list of interoperable UAs.

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: [Partysip-dev] list of interoperable UAs.
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 17:14:41 +0200 (CEST)

I have finally been able to install and use msn messenger
on W2000 in communication service mode (it's still broken on XP...)

How to make it work for IM (+being able to see your freinds online)

Use libosip-0.8.8-pre6 and partysip-0.4.5-pre6.
CFLAGS="-DSHOW_MESSAGE" ./configure
make
make install

edit you file partysip.conf and change "servername" and "serverip".
servername MUST resolve to serverip! To avoid potential issue, you
should use the IP evrywhere (both in "servername" and "serverip"
and also, you should enter in msn messenger, your url as: address@hidden
(and not address@hidden). Also, you should enter the IP of the proxy
in the manual configuration and check the UDP transport protocol.

After that, your freinds should appear as "online" and you can
successfully exchange IM. I've not been able to test succesfully
a "voice call" because one of my W2000 box don't have audio...
But this should be successfull as signalling is ok.

I'd like to list some UA working with partysip, so I can add
it in the README file!

 msn messenger (record-route always disabled)
 siemens opt100 (record-route disable is prefered, but works for most
                situations at least, if all users are registred!)
 adtech (SI-150) (same as above)
 NeroPhone       (as redirect server only)

I'd like to get some news from the Cisco users, pingtel ones,...
Give me some feedback please!
I'll release it tomorrow! any veto :)

Aymeric