partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] Problem from the source code!

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] Problem from the source code!
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:02:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, [gb2312] ?? ?? wrote:

> hi .all:
>
>    These days,by reading the source code of Jack,many problems
> arise,so following the last mail,I have to send another one to the
> maillist to get the help from you! I really hope someone can give me a
> quick answer!
>
>    In the source code there are
> PSP_CONTINUE,PSP_PROPOSE,PSP_MANDATE,PSP_STOP,,I really don't know
> what they really want to mean.And in the function
> pspm_imp_dispatch_psp_request,I find the following statement,which I
> don't know why?

When a request is processed in partysip, some plugins could
be responsible for that request. They can stop processing
and reject this request (ask for UAP mode+PSP_MANDATE: meaning
they have a final decision for this request. This is the case
for a filter plugin for example). They can also understand
that the request is for the local domain and make a internal
lookup in the database to find the user location.

PSP_CONTINUE is used by plugin to tell partysip, that the
plugin have no difinitive info for this request.
PSP_MANDATE is used to tell partysip, that the plugin
has definitive info.
PSP_STOP is used to tell partysip that the request is
not valid and must be discarded.

PSP_PROPOSE should be used when a plugin may have some
information but is not sure it is a definitive one. (this
will only work in some situations...)

Just for info:
the plugins side of partysip is not fully usable and the
way plugin are managed will be slighlty changed in some
future version. Nothing is definitive here.

By now, only new requests (for every module), and request
and response for UAP is well tested. The remaining has to be
improved and tested.

Aymeric