partysip-dev

[Partysip-dev] Re: partysip compiling

From: Tim Na
Subject: [Partysip-dev] Re: partysip compiling
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 16:15:10 +0900

Hi, Ralf.
I found the reason for the bus error (or seg fault).
in pspm_uap_init() function, core->uap->uap_plugins wasn't initilized to NULL.
So I added the line for the initialization.

int  pspm_uap_init     (pspm_uap_t **pspm)
{
  int i;
  (*pspm) = (pspm_uap_t*) smalloc(sizeof(pspm_uap_t));
  if (*pspm==NULL) return -1;

  i = module_init(& ((*pspm)->module), MOD_THREAD, "uap");
  if (i!=0) goto mui_error1;

  (*pspm)->uap_plugins = NULL;                    /* Added by Tim Na */

  /*  (*pspm)->uap_pending = NULL; */

  (*pspm)->uas_request = (fifo_t*)smalloc(sizeof(fifo_t));
  if ((*pspm)->uas_request==NULL) goto mui_error2;

After this, I wondered how this code worked in Linux machine without any
problem. (Red Hat 7.1)
As I traced the fuction, amazingly, after the smallloc of (*pspm), uap_plugins
was initialized to NULL.!!!
I wonder how that magic happened there without explicit assignment... :-(
(perhaps I wasn't paying attention during the lecture in pointers..)
Any comment on this?

Anyway, it works now.. : )