Re: Feature Request: Special input value to create a barrier

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: Feature Request: Special input value to create a barrier
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 18:03:58 +0200

Ole Tange writes:
> Feel free to submit a patch - especially if you think it is easier to
> do. But please make sure the patch does not break `--resume`.

I've not used that option before.  Am I reading correctly that it only
works anyway when I specify either --results or --joblog?  Other than
that, if --resume is supposed to work with --barrier, then a failed job
should stop any advance past a barrier anyway, so the only jobs to retry
would be those that have previously failed.  Lacking first-hand
experience with how this is used I'm not sure I understand correctly,
though.

Regards,
Achim.