Re: GNU Parallel 20151022 ('Liquid Water') released

From: Shlomi Fish
Subject: Re: GNU Parallel 20151022 ('Liquid Water') released
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 02:01:43 +0300

Hi Ole,

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 00:16:56 +0200
Ole Tange <tange@gnu.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Shlomi Fish <shlomif@shlomifish.org> wrote:
> > Hi Ole,
> >
> > On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 00:13:23 +0200
> > Ole Tange <tange@gnu.org> wrote:
> >
> >> GNU Parallel 20151022 ('Liquid Water') has been released.
> :
> > I now packaged it for Mageia Cauldron - thanks!
>
> Great. Can you email me a link that I can add to
> http://www.gnu.org/software/parallel/?
>
> I do not know how the packaging process is for Mageia Cauldron, but if
> you need a place to checkin packaging files, I will be happy to give
> you access to http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/parallel.git/tree/packager

There is already a link to the Mageia package there, and Cauldron is the name of
its development branch (which eventually stabilises on the next release). The
current Mageia Cauldron is what is going to become Mageia version 6. The
Cauldron entry is easily reachable from the Mageia link.

I don't need a place to checkin packaging files because Mageia already provides
it for me, but thanks for the offer.

> > Just a question: is the 'Liquid Water' nickname a reference to the water
> > that were reportedly found on Mars?
>
> Maybe.
>
> > You should document what the nickname refers to somewhere in the
> > announcement.
>
> Nah. That will take all the fun out of people guessing.

I see.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish