Multiple lines?

From: Matthew Lai
Subject: Multiple lines?
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 14:56:28 +0000

Hello!

Just wondering if there is an option to divide things up in blocks of lines?

For example, if there is a file with a million lines, is there a way to run 4 processes, with 250k lines input each?

I have a large file I want to process in parallel, but the command has high startup overhead.

Thanks!
Matthew