Re: Question relating to GNU parallel Tool

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: Question relating to GNU parallel Tool
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 00:54:17 +0200

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Sanpreet Singh <sany26.com@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I want to ask that How with the Help of using Xarg and tee can we
> make GNU parallel run very fast. Can you give any elaborate
> Information regarding this. Sir I am not cleared with the concept of
> Xarg. I want to make the project on parallel processing. Can i may get
> any help.

Start by watching the intro videos, then go through the tutorial and
finish up with the examples in the (last half of the) manual.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL284C9FF2488BC6D1
man parallel_tutorial
man parallel

Specifically
http://www.gnu.org/software/parallel/man.html#example__speeding_up_fast_jobs
may be of interest to you.

If that does not answer your question, you will need to provide more
information (preferably with examples) of what you are trying to do.

/Ole