Re: What do you use GNU Parallel for?

From: Shao Zhang
Subject: Re: What do you use GNU Parallel for?
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 07:30:34 -0700

I work in the film industry.  I use Parallel to convert movie
frames(images) from one format to another usually for delivery to
other studios.  Its much easier and faster to pipe in the result of a
recursive find than to use any of the gui apps we have to convert
tens/hundreds of thousands of files.