files not deleted on remote machine with --cleanup

From: James Gibbon
Subject: files not deleted on remote machine with --cleanup
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 12:12:13 +0000

Hello,

I've been using GNU Parallel for a few weeks now and find it
very useful, but there's one minor niggle that I haven't got
to the bottom of.

The following example should illustrate the problem. I'm
running parallel on a machine called 'easy' to convert some
wavs to FLAC, and handing off some of the task to a remote
machine called 'sauce'. This works fine except that any
transferred file(s) aren't deleted from sauce:/tmp on
completion.

$ ls -d *.wav | parallel -j+0 -Ssauce,: --workdir /tmp \
  --cleanup --transfer --return {.}.flac /usr/bin/flac {}

Shouldn't the --cleanup flag cause all transferred wavs to be
deleted on the remote machine? I'm using version 20101113.

Thanks,
James