paragui-users

Re[7]: [paragui-users] RICHEDIT

From: taurus
Subject: Re[7]: [paragui-users] RICHEDIT
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:35:01 +0100

Hello andy,

The problem is solved if line

word = "";

is placed in the end of "do...while" cycle in the ParseWords function.
I`ve checked it right now, Andrew was right.

I also noticed a little bit strange way of parsing words :) As I want
to create something like hypertext viewer, I will need to rewrite the
tokenizer.

BTW, sometime ago someone wanted to add text to the widget, without
re-parsing it. I`ve made it, so if anybody interested, I will post the
patch.

au> I know I'm a little bit late on reply to this thread, but...

au> I had problems with richedit, and I submited a patch. Here's a cc of the
email. This may solve John Rainey's problems, as my patch had to do with how
each string ends. Since I am having problems
au> with my linux box lately please check to see if this solves your problem.

au> -andy

au> from Andrew Ford:

au> Thanks Andy,
au>     Just a couple of comments, I can't apply the patch
au> to look at the code since I'm parted from my Linux
au> machine.  Are you sure you need the update?  You only
au> have to assign to the string to clear it, i.e. word =
au> std::string("");
au>     Finally, are you still getting the font error?  Is
au> anybody here on the freetype mailing list and could
au> tell me if there's something up with freetype.  I
au> noticed some complaints about SDL_ttf...

au> Andrew

au> --- andy uehara <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Here's a possible patch for the problems I mentioned
>> before.
>> 1st: When you PGRE.setText before the widget gets
>> shown it does some funky stuff
>> 2nd: When you load text with a space at the end it
>> repeats the last word.
>>
>> here's a brief description of what I did:
>> 1st: I added an Update(true) to the end of every
>> SetText() function call. This may not be the most
>> efficient way to solve this problem though
>> 2nd: In ParseWords() I moved std::string down inside
>> the do{ }while loop. this makes sure that the string
>> is clear everytime and doesn't add the last loaded
>> word. I think this is probably the best solution.
>>
>> here's the diff:
>> address@hidden:~/sign/test$ diff
>> /usr/src/paragui-1.0.2/src/widgets/pgrichedit.cpp
>> myre.cpp
>> 105a106
>> >       Update(true);
>> 111a113
>> >       Update(true);
>> 116d117
>> <       std::string word;
>> 124a126
>> >               std::string word;
>>
>> I don't know how most patches are submitted, so ask
>> me
>> if you have any other questions.
>> andy

Kind regards,
       taurus

address@hidden

 ->> "If you will have a megaphone, you will never have to be alone..."