[Paparazzi-devel] Modifying ARDrone Flight Characteristics

From: cTrippen
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Modifying ARDrone Flight Characteristics
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 23:29:41 -0700 (MST)

Good afternoon Paparazzi Enthusiasts,
 I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of information
on modifying the ARDrone2 flight parameters ie changing pitch, roll and yaw
rates etc.

 I currently have an ARDrone2 connected via router using a uBlox GPS for
position information. When it goes into Hover at a Way Point (WP), it starts
off pretty stable, however eventually it begins to move around. Possibly due
to GPS drift or wind. At this point, it tries to correct its position but
slowly the movements/corrections get bigger and bigger, as if over
correcting. The worst case has seen the ARDrone2 commence orbits around the
WP, increasing speed and radius until it can't hold altitude anymore and
flies into the ground. It seems as if it is trying to turn towards the WP
but cannot due to limited turn rate.

 I have seen some variables in the airframe .xml, such as PHI_PGAIN,
THETA_DGAIN and PSI_IGAIN. Or would the HOVER_KP/KD/KI be the ones I am
after? Should it be stable regardless and there is some other issue?

 Should I be increasing or decreasing the rates? My thinking is that a
decrease would slow the correction reaction and slowly recentre the drone,
or an increase could even make the correction faster by stopping and
starting quicker, cutting off the movement before an over correction occurs.

Thoughts??

 Also, I though I saw some adjustment controls on the GUI, but can't find
them now. Are there any dynamic controls available?

Thanks

--
Sent from: http://lists.paparazziuav.org/paparazzi-devel-f3.html