Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiltrotor-Project

From: Pascal Fust
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiltrotor-Project
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 17:55:15 +0200

Hi Kevin,
point *1)*
for the servos 7 & 8, there's a special issue on the Lisa M boards, as mentioned in the wiki. First, pins 7 & 8 are directly linked to the I2C1 connector, which means, that you cannot use both at the same time. As stated there "...To use the servos 7 and 8 just set the <define name="USE_SERVOS_7AND8"/> in your airframe file and you are good to go...". Not sure, if you got that one in your airframe XML.

Hi Pascal,

yes, now I know why they put that additional VCC wire there :D

Thanks for explaining how to do the Servotilting with the AUX, but I have
several problems:

At first, here is the relevant part of the code:
http://pastebin.com/mAkKnzpg

*1)* It seems that my no 6 and 7 (PINs 7 and 8 on the LISA M Board) do not
work. Everytime I hook up the servo on them I don't get a sound (slightly
noise from the gears). On no 0 to 5 it works fine. Do I maybe have to
activate something in addition to use the last two ones as well?

*2) * I put in following for trying:
<set servo="TILT" value="@AUX3"/>
the AUX3 comes from the spektrum.xml file. But I always get the Error it is
not declared. I checked the spektrum.xml file but I do not really understand
how to declare it. Seems like it is always declared. Any guess what could be
wrong there?

Looking forward to a reply,

Kevin