Re: [Paparazzi-devel] 1BitSquared - Elle0 autopilot release

From: Piotr Esden-Tempski
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] 1BitSquared - Elle0 autopilot release
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 17:40:53 -0800

Hi Reto,

I will continue working on more wiki information as time allows. I am glad that it is already a bit useful. :)

- For the power supply you can use any uBEC that outputs roughly 5V. You should connect a voltage divider appropriate to the battery you are using to the ADC V pin on the power connector of the Elle0. You can connect an analog current sensor to the ADC A pin.
- If you look into the spektrum settings there is an option for a secondary Spektrum satellite. We have explicit support for that feature, it even tells the secondary satellite that it is secondary. (there are some radio protocol reasons for that) So this way you can use true diversity with two spektrum receivers. I try to build all my aircraft using diversity.
- I see the confusion here, Elle0 is not meant to be JUST a racer quad autopilot. You can use it on airplanes, massive octocopters and much more too. Think of it as a lower cost Lisa/MX stripped to the most essential features and fitting a commonly used hole pattern. Also the some of the servo pins can be used for other functionalities than servos. For example you can use S7 or S8 to drive ws2812 RGB LEDs (you need a 5V level shifter for them…) or you can connect a CAN transceiver to them. You can use S1 and S2 to get another UART. Everything will be much clearer when I have the “verbose legend” diagram ready. I was trying to keep the flexibility spirit of Lisa/M alive in Elle0. :D

I will be working on example configuration diagrams just like I have done for Lisa/M before. :) Making all those diagrams is quite time consuming so you have to bear with me. :D

I hope this answers your questions! :)

Cheers,
Piotr