[Paparazzi-devel] support of multiple UAVs?

From: Hector Garcia de Marina
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] support of multiple UAVs?
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 16:07:16 +0100

Hi guys,

I guess this is not new here. I was wondering if there was/is any effort for integrating to the system more than one vehicle at the same time.

With integration to the system I mean monitoring and communicating to multiple vehicles in the GCS and communication among vehicles without passing to the GCS.

The objective is to perform some formation control. I guess this would be interesting for certain scenarios where flying in formation is a requirement or an improvement/advantage. The formation is not only restricted to a platoon with a particular shape, but surveillance of an area following a trajectory where the distance between vehicles has to be constant or another applications.

This year I will have time for making efforts in this direction. But since I never took a look at the GCS, I do not know how difficult will be to implement a "multivehicle" feature (or if there exists one already!).

In addition, what is the status of PPZ with ChibiOS? A new stable version of ChibiOS is going to be released (3.0) with a lot of important changes but I guess the PPZ branch is using 2.6.x right?

Cheers

--
Héctor
Webpage: http://mathtronics.wordpress.com/