[Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/M v2 +Aspirin IMU loss

From: Balazs GATI
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Lisa/M v2 +Aspirin IMU loss
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 17:13:03 +0200

Hi all,

yesterday we experienced the total loss of attitude calculation of a Lisa/M v2 (quadshot) with Aspirin IMU in open air. (I mean the artificial horizon went wild after we left the building.) Fortunately we didnt want to fly, but test the GPS. Finally we could identify the problem: the IMU worked only if we provided some kind of physical cover to the module. Steel and aluminium sheet, thick paper worked. (80g/m2 copy paper and pure hand don't.) We could explain the phenomen with the increased sun activity or with some strange failure in grounding.

Have you got similar experience in the last few days?

Regards,
 Balazs

--
Balazs GATI, PhD