[Paparazzi-devel] OSX 10.9 install

From: chrisrobson
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] OSX 10.9 install
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 19:33:28 +0000

Hi everyone,

So a couple of months ago I tried installing paparazzi on OSX snow leopard, and ran into problems installing paparazzi tools.  I’m now trying on a different laptop with OSX 10.9 (Mavericks).  The first thing I tried to do with it was install the two bits of software that I’d previously installed with Macports:  Paparazzi and OpenCV. OpenCV installed ok, then I tried Paparazzi.

Below I’ve wrote out a step by step of what I’m doing, in the hope that it can be solved with your help.

I’ve revisited the paparazzi osx installation page, noted the comments at the top and am using macports to install paparazzi tools as there is no binary installer file for mavericks.
I’m using a Tiny 2 so I’m skipping the Luftboot and PyUSB steps.

Since I had problems with multiple ports in different places on my last attempt, I looked at the ‘troubleshooting' steps:
echo $PATH
export PATH=/opt/paparazzi/bin:/opt/paparazzi/sbin:$PATH
This conflicts with the 'Installing from source' instructions immediately below it which asks for the first path entry to be set to /opt/local/bin, so I guessed that the troubleshooting steps are not applicable at this point.

I followed the ‘Installing from source’ section and managed to install paparazzi tools OK, It did stop on one port with this error:
Error: org.macports.fetch for port gcc-arm-embedded returned: fetch failed

I got past this (I hope correctly) using:
sudo port install gcc-arm-embedded
This worked and I restarted the paparazzi-tools install, below is the tail end of the installation, which as far as I know means it was successful.

Extracting paparazzi-tools
--->  Configuring paparazzi-tools
--->  Building paparazzi-tools
--->  Staging paparazzi-tools into destroot
--->  Installing paparazzi-tools @2013.03.26_1+pprz_v4
--->  Activating paparazzi-tools @2013.03.26_1+pprz_v4
--->  Cleaning paparazzi-tools
--->  Updating database of binaries: 100.0%
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  Found 9 broken file(s), matching files to ports
--->  Found 2 broken port(s), determining rebuild order
--->  Rebuilding in order
     ocaml @4.01.0
     tiff @4.0.3
--->  Computing dependencies for ocaml
--->  Cleaning ocaml
--->  Computing dependencies for tiff
--->  Cleaning tiff
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  Found 9 broken file(s), matching files to ports
--->  Found 2 broken port(s), determining rebuild order
--->  Rebuilding in order
     ocaml @4.01.0
     tiff @4.0.3
--->  Computing dependencies for ocaml
--->  Fetching distfiles for ocaml
--->  Attempting to fetch ocaml-4.01.0.tar.bz2 from http://lil.fr.distfiles.macports.org/ocaml
--->  Verifying checksums for ocaml
--->  Extracting ocaml
--->  Configuring ocaml
--->  Building ocaml
--->  Staging ocaml into destroot
--->  Unable to uninstall ocaml @4.01.0_0, the following ports depend on it:
--->  ocaml-findlib @1.4_1
--->  ocaml-pcre @7.0.4_0
--->  ocaml-ocamlnet @3.7.3_0
--->  ivy-ocaml @r3577-2013.03.27_2
--->  lablgtk2 @2.18.0_0+x11
--->  ocaml-gsl @0.6.0_3
--->  lablgl @20120306_3
--->  ocamlsdl @0.9.1_4
--->  xml-light @2.2_5
--->  paparazzi-tools @2013.03.26_1+pprz_v4
Warning: Uninstall forced.  Proceeding despite dependencies.
--->  Deactivating ocaml @4.01.0_0
--->  Unable to deactivate ocaml @4.01.0_0, the following ports depend on it:
--->  ocaml-findlib @1.4_1
--->  ocaml-pcre @7.0.4_0
--->  ocaml-ocamlnet @3.7.3_0
--->  ivy-ocaml @r3577-2013.03.27_2
--->  lablgtk2 @2.18.0_0+x11
--->  ocaml-gsl @0.6.0_3
--->  lablgl @20120306_3
--->  ocamlsdl @0.9.1_4
--->  xml-light @2.2_5
--->  paparazzi-tools @2013.03.26_1+pprz_v4
Warning: Deactivate forced.  Proceeding despite dependencies.
--->  Cleaning ocaml
--->  Uninstalling ocaml @4.01.0_0
--->  Cleaning ocaml
--->  Computing dependencies for ocaml
--->  Installing ocaml @4.01.0_0
--->  Activating ocaml @4.01.0_0
--->  Cleaning ocaml
--->  Computing dependencies for tiff
--->  Fetching distfiles for tiff
--->  Attempting to fetch tiff-4.0.3.tar.gz from http://lil.fr.distfiles.macports.org/tiff
--->  Verifying checksums for tiff
--->  Extracting tiff
--->  Applying patches to tiff
--->  Configuring tiff
--->  Building tiff
--->  Staging tiff into destroot
--->  Unable to uninstall tiff @4.0.3_2, the following ports depend on it:
--->  gdk-pixbuf2 @2.30.3_0+x11
--->  libsdl_image @1.2.12_4
--->  lcms @1.19_5
Warning: Uninstall forced.  Proceeding despite dependencies.
--->  Deactivating tiff @4.0.3_2
--->  Unable to deactivate tiff @4.0.3_2, the following ports depend on it:
--->  gdk-pixbuf2 @2.30.3_0+x11
--->  libsdl_image @1.2.12_4
--->  lcms @1.19_5
Warning: Deactivate forced.  Proceeding despite dependencies.
--->  Cleaning tiff
--->  Uninstalling tiff @4.0.3_2
--->  Cleaning tiff
--->  Computing dependencies for tiff
--->  Installing tiff @4.0.3_2
--->  Activating tiff @4.0.3_2
--->  Cleaning tiff
--->  Updating database of binaries: 100.0%
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  No broken files found.

After this, I followed the generic instructions to get the source code using git, which was successful.  I then tried ‘make’ which is where it fails, giving multiple warnings that Interface gliblvy.cmi occurs in several directories.

findlib: [WARNING] Interface glibIvy.cmi occurs in several directories: /opt/local/lib/ocaml/site-lib/glibivy, /opt/local/lib/ocaml
File "_none_", line 1:
Error: Error on dynamically loaded library: dlllablgtk2.so: dlopen(dlllablgtk2.so, 138): image not found
make[1]: *** [paparazzicenter] Error 2
make: *** [sw/supervision] Error 2

Any ideas why it would be doing this?

Thanks