Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Pointing quadcopter?

From: Ben Laurie
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Pointing quadcopter?
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 17:30:19 +0000

On 19 November 2013 16:57, Felix Ruess <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

of course it is a bit easier if your IMU already points in the direction you consider the front of your multirotor.
Then you can just set the BODY_TO_IMU orientation to zero (or only a few degrees to account for mounting misalignment).

But this is not a prerequisite, you can set any BODY_TO_IMU orientation for AHRS int_cmpl_quat and it will deal with it correctly.
E.g. on my quadrotor I have the IMU mounted 45deg rotated as it was easier to mount.

Regardless of how your IMU is oriented, you have to specify how your motors are arranged (how many, turning direction, placement) in the MOTOR_MIXING section.
The wiki lists common examples like a quadrotor + and x configuration, for more advanced motor placement http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/RotorcraftMixing describes how to compute the needed motor mixing.

That's not what I really meant, I think. I meant, can I create a flight plan that says, for example, "fly from P1 to P2 while pointing at P3"?

Hope that helps,
Felix