Re: [Paparazzi-devel] New GPS recommendation

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] New GPS recommendation
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 09:58:44 +0200

Hi,
we had same problems with the Vcc wire of the old Hobby-King modules (Spring 2013). The Antenna pcb has a amplifier. This must have a separate vcc wire. The module is excellent.
There was no documentation  of it.
Heinrich

Martin Mueller schrieb:

Hi Jake,

I'm upgrading my GPS, what do you guys recommend?

I checked the wiki, and it seems like the SPK GS407 was the best, but
it's just been discontinued. Can you guys help me pick a new one please?

we are quite happy with the NEO-6M board from Hobbyking. It is available, gives a good S/N ratio and runs from ROM for a safe 4Hz update rate.

Martin