Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Xsens MTi-G

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Xsens MTi-G
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 11:15:55 +0200

Hi
On Aug 28, 2013 11:06 PM, "Iman" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Christophe
>
> I'm trying to connect this IMU to my UMARIM very carefully so I have some
> question about parameter of Xsens MTi-G:
>
> 1. Which type of data is suitable for
> Paparazzi?(General,General_nobaro,Aerospace,Aerospace_nobaro,....)

Aerospace or if your static pressure is not good aerospace no baro.

> 2.May I configure the baud rate by MT Manager software instead of previous
> instruction you said?(there is a device output setting in software)

Yes. You should set it to 230k4 in order to work instantly with paparazzi. Please also do a magnetic calibration while Xsens is in your airframe turning only the plane and not the plane and laptop.

> 3.Which output mode is usable for paparazzi (default is Quaternion)

Output mode is always auto configured in current driver and set to Euler. You need to change the paparazzi driver if you need something else.

> I know you said there is a auto configuration option in driver file but some
> times it's better to do configure it manual.(for ex, always I have problem
> with auto GPS configuration and I configure it manual!)

In paparazzi we try to configure things like messages and output mode and baudrate automatically (xbee/ublox/xsens) so communication always works but leave filter settings as-is by default.

> 4.How can I insert the calibration data(from calibration certificate page)
> into paparazzi code?

Calibration is in XSens and given printed just as a reference. Paparazzi will pull calibrated processed data out of the XSens. No need to specify any calibration.

> I see recommended voltage is 5V, may I use onboard regulator?

Regulator of the umarin? I did not check this but it does not sound ideal. The XSens uses about 300 mA? At 5v to max ?? (17v?). Are you sure this regulator likes the additional 1.5 watt?

We always connected our Xsens directly to a 3 cell lipo battery.