Re: [Paparazzi-devel] clarification regrading some terms used in flight

From: Stephen Dwyer
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] clarification regrading some terms used in flight plan
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 13:15:21 -0600

Hello Manish,

Check out these pages:
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Flight_Plans

http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Demystified/Altitude_and_Height

In general, the alt is absolute, while height, security height and home_mode_height are relative to ground_alt. Altitude displayed is absolute, not relative. Note the convention of height for relative and alt for absolute.

(Someone correct me if I am wrong).

Hopefully that helps.

Thanks,
-Stephen Dwyer