[Paparazzi-devel] umarim + gumstix Firestorm questions

From: Alec Bateman
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] umarim + gumstix Firestorm questions
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 00:41:37 +0000

Hello,

We have some navigation algorithms running on a gumstix Firestorm and are interested in interfacing that to a Paparazzi autopilot.  Being new to Paparazzi and on a fairly short timeframe, we prefer to buy an assembled board.  We are currently looking at using an Umarim Lite V2 (largely because of availability, and we are interested in fixed-wing) and a serial interface to the Firestorm, and are wondering if anybody has experience with the combination.  Any issues with this particular combo?  Is there an existing Paparazzi module that can be used for the serial communication?

If there is a better option than Umarim for interfacing with the Firestorm we would also be interested in hearing about that.  We considered Lisa/L, but have not been able to find a source for an assembled board.  The folks at Transition Robotics haven’t responded to our queries.   David Conger was helpful and said he would look into making some, but he does not have any available at this time.

Thanks,

Alec

Alec Bateman

Barron Associates, Inc.