Re: [Paparazzi-devel] paparazzi software debug

From: refik
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] paparazzi software debug
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 00:43:05 +0200

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply, Felix.

This is my first email to the paparazzi development list. I want to thank to everybody who contributes to the development of paparazzi.

I am a lecturer in Electronics Engineering Department of Akdeniz University in Turkey. We are trying to build an UAV in our university. We are learning paparazzi nowadays.

Now I am trying to debug paparazzi airborne software (fixed wing firmware) and understand paparazzi in detail.  I am also beginner in C-programming. Therefore, I do not exactly know how I can run  and debug paparazzi codes. Which tools (eclipse etc.) do you use while developing a new hardware driver and debug it?

I want to ask, how I can integrate a new sensor ( an IMU including gyroscope, accelerometer, magnetometer and barometer with I2C interface) to paparazzi.

Also, we will try to control a pan-tilt camera and we want to send commands to the camera which has an UART. The camera also sends acknowledge and other responses. We need to add these responses in telemetry messages.

I have an umarim board, but it does not have a JTAG port for debugging. Do you suggest Lisa board for debug?

Best regards,

Refik