[Paparazzi-devel] Radio XML files in Git

From: David Conger
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Radio XML files in Git
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 10:43:36 -0800

Hello everyone,

I recently had to create a radio.xml file for my latest build and had some
issues. In resolving them I noticed that the files that exist have errors
around the POSITIVE/NEGATIVE shift declarations. The files in there are named
often the same name as the model number (i.e. T7CAP.xml). However inside the
declarations are often wrong for that POSITIVE/NEGATIVE value. Futaba radios
are NEGATIVE shift radios. JR (i.e. jr9303.xml) are POSITIVE. FWIW:
spektrum.xml file is correct and I ended up using that one for my JR9303 radio.

I am surprised no one has mentioned this before. This value should matter and
need to be set correctly. New users would certainly likely have issues unless
told.

I do not have write access. Should we maybe create templates positive.xml and
negative.xml and move the rest to "examples"?

-David Conger