|Subject:||[Paparazzi-devel] Software Wish List - Waypoints relative to previous waypoint, and rotated flight patterns|
|Date:||Mon, 17 Dec 2012 00:22:36 +0100|
It is close to X-mas, so maybe time for a few wishes for more possibilities with regard to flight plans;
1. The possibility to define waypoints relative to previous waypoints, e.g;
- WP0: (start position)
- WP1: go 100m east (from previous WP)
- WP2: go 100m south (from previous WP)
- WP3: go 100m west (from previous WP)
- WP3: go 80m north (from previous WP)
This possibility would make it easy to write custom repeatative flight-patterns (e.g. like survey-patterns), by looping over a set of relative waypoints, in many cases removing the need for writing C-procedures.
2. The possibility to rotate a flight-pattern (block) by giving a rotation angle.
E.g. for surveying purposes, there is always the problem with rotating the flight-lines against the wind direction, usually very close to the last minute before flight.
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|