Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Help needed in paparazzi source code makefiles

From: Zhang Qiuchen
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Help needed in paparazzi source code makefiles
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 15:49:47 +0000

Hello everyone,

My name is Autumn and I'm working on a paparazzi UAV project. I'm new to the
forum and I really appreciate need help from all of you guys (and girls) and
love to share experience with you. So there is the problem that I'm facing now.

I'm trying to make a piece of code from a older version of paparazzi (campaign
2010 martin mueller) compatible to the newer version (campaign 2011 martin
mueller). So there were lots , of changes of directory to be modified. Right
now there are 3 puzzles that I need your help with:

1) when I include a header file in a piece of c code, and the header file and
the c file is in the same directory, do I still need to specify in the makefile
to link them together when building the o file? I wonder because I used the
main_logger.c in sw/airborne, and when it is building, there is an error saying
that function mcu_init is undefined. But it is defined in the header file
mcu.h, which is also in sw_airborne, and is included in the main.logger.c.

2) How do I know which makefile is responsible for linking which files/making
which o files? Is it the one in the same directory as the c file? For example,
main_logger.c is in the directory sw_airborne, and there is a Makefile in that
directory, then should the information on how main_logger.o be built in that
Makefile?  Or otherwise, where can I find the makefile to alter?

3) How do I do debug in the paparazzi  in general, can I print sth to the
paparazzi center, for example using the echo command in the makefiles, to
perform debugging?

Thank you very much for reading this message and any help will be appreciated !

Autumn Zhang