[Paparazzi-devel] How to get the paparazzi version you are using

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] How to get the paparazzi version you are using
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 23:44:14 +0200

Hi,

since it is a common question how to print the used paparazzi version I added a script to v3.9 that will print the used version using git describe.
To facilitate this we will create more tags in the future. So far I added v3.9.[012]_testing tags where appropriate. Stable releases (with even minor version numbers) will get tags like v4.0.0_stable
To get the new tags run: git fetch

To get the paparazzi version you are using, run ./paparazzi_git_version

It will find the next reachable tag and print something like
v3.9.2_testing-1-g72f4b21
which contains the most recent reachable tag, number of commits since then, SHA1 of that commit and whether the working directory was dirty.
For the above example:
most recent reachable tag: v3.9.2_testing
number of commits since then: 1
(abbreviated) SHA1 of the last commit: 72f4b21
and the working dir was not dirty.

As that will be only usable from that commit on you can get the same output via
git describe --match "v[0-9].[0-9]*" --dirty --always

Cheers, Felix