Re: [Paparazzi-devel] mikrokopter

From: Simon Wilks
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] mikrokopter
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 18:49:26 +0200

Hi Regius,

First up: no, there is no RTF Paparazzi package.

I assume you want to use a Mikrokopter frame, motor controller and motors together with an autopilot (such as Lisa/M) from Paprazzi, correct? And you want something setup and ready to fly out of the box.

Assuming I have understood your request correctly here are some followup questions to understand more about what you want:

- What kind of multicopter are you interested in and what do you want to do with it once it all flies nicely?
- You already have a quadrocopter with a Paparazzi autopilot.  Are you just having problems getting it working and flying properly? Is just getting that working still an option?
- Would you consider anything else other than a Mikrokopter frame?

Part of getting Paparazzi working and not just flying it out of the box is it is kind of important to get a pretty good understanding of how things work as things will change over time (in the software) and will require that you re-tune your setup for example. While getting a RTF setup gives you a flying start you would soon need to work your way backwards into the details. If this is all too complex or your needs don't justify this kind of autopilot maybe you would be happier with an alternative.

Paparazzi is very flexible, but with that comes the cost of being more challenging to get it all working just right.

Simon