[Paparazzi-devel] UAV with FPV system

From: Luiz Flavio Felizardo
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] UAV with FPV system
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 14:37:13 -0300

Hello there everyone.

I have my autonomous UAV set and ready but I would like to add an onboard video camera on it and I have some doubts that some of you may help me out on this.

First things first, let me introduce what I have avaible and what I want to do.

- I simple want a video camera on my airframe and transmite live video to my notebook.

- I already bought the following camera:
http://www.fpvflying.com/products/10-x-zoom-UAV-%7B47%7D-FPV-camera.html

So, my doubt is, what else will I need to do it?
First thing I thought is a Rx/Tx, I found some at hobby king, but Im not sure if it will work with the above camera and I dont know what difference does the power make (there a several identical Rx/Tx packs with a poor quality camera but with diferent power, going from 100mw up to 1500mw).
The other thing is frequency, there are two options there, one with 900Mhz and the other with 2.4Ghz, I heard 900Mhz system do interfere and dramasticaly drops the range of 2.4 RC systems (such as mine). But I dont know about 2.4Ghz, is it good to use for video transmission, is it going to work without problems with my 2.4 RC?

(below follows the link of some Rx/Tx from hobbyKing)
==============  Tx/Rx com 900mhz  ==============
900MHZ 200mW Tx/Rx & 1/3-inch CCD Camera NTSC          US$ 57,92
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=13438
900MHZ 800mW Tx/Rx & 1/3-inch CCD Camera NTSC          US$ 79,79
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=13442
900MHZ 1500mW Tx/Rx & 1/3-inch CCD Camera NTSC        US$ 107,99
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=13443

2.4GHZ 1000mW Tx/Rx & 1/3-inch CCD Camera NTSC          US$ 99,99
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=13444

Will I need anything else?
(ps. I dont need any telemetry on screen, just plain and simple video)

Thanks very much.
Felizardo