[Paparazzi-devel] Camera/Transmitter Powered by AP Board

From: Chris Wozny
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Camera/Transmitter Powered by AP Board
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:15:19 -0700

All,

We've got a RangeVideo KX-1 and their 5.8 GHz 200 mW transmitter which
draws about 405 mA at 3.3V. I know that Lisa/M 3.3V regulator caps out
at 500 mA and the 5V regulator caps out at 250 mA so it seems I can't
power this through the board on just one regulator. Since the camera
uses 75 mA and is 5V tolerant, I could power the camera by that and
the transmitter on the 3.3V regulator since it's not 5V tolerant, but
I have a feeling that will somehow overload the board.  I was
wondering how other people power their camera and transmitter systems
whether it be off the ESC which generally has a 2A draw or some other
way?

Best,
Chris