Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Discrete power supply for servos and autopilot

From: Tilman Baumann
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Discrete power supply for servos and autopilot
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 10:49:54 +0100

On 04/04/12 12:39, Tilman Baumann wrote:
What do you think. Any ideas?
I'm afraid I'm talking about a pure idea here. But I think I can pull it off.

I have no great experience in RC power requirements and requirements in UAV.
I suppose I should separate V_SERVO and +5V for radio, GPS and autopilot.
How much juice should I calculate for Servos? How 'dirty' are they?
I'm even thinking of a Buck-Boost setup for low cell counts. Is that actually relevant to anybody?

I just realized how little use that would be. I guess nobody uses less than three cells. Combined voltage in of low voltage cutoff is still high enough.

As for DC converter modules. I could not find what I wanted at Farnell. I guess I will have to build my own.