Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Camera Target Coordinates

From: Luke Ionno
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Camera Target Coordinates
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 00:51:05 -0400

Felix, et al,

I’m flying fixed-wing, using the cam_point.xml module.  I’ve been using the target-WP camera mode extensively, and it works very well, but the manual/stabilized + lock-on-target doesn’t seem to affect the target X/Y message (though it does make my designated “lock-on” waypoint move around), and the GCS cam footprint seem to be unrelated to the actual field of view, even when the camera is correctly tracking the target WP.  I’ll have to take a closer look.  I am using the cam.xml settings, so I do have control over the mode selection, angles, etc.

Also, Chris, what is the stick-to-gimbal mapping of the stabilized mode?  Maybe something’s wrong with my setup, but in stabilized mode, I can’t seem to aim the gimbal at all..?  (It moves alright, but it doesn’t seem to have any rhyme or reason.)   Does the stick map into the world coordinate system, or the aircraft coordinate system?  (i.e. am I ‘driving’ the target waypoint from a north-is-up/top-down standpoint, or am I actually aiming the gimbal, just like manual/RC mode, only with pitch/roll stabilization?)

Thanks!

-Luke