[Paparazzi-devel] V4.0 Beta branch new user

From: Loic Drumettaz
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] V4.0 Beta branch new user
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:14:05 +0200

Hi all,

I switched today to the 4.0 beta branch. I'm using PWM controllers and
I had to reduce the control gains by 33 percents. Thank you Felix for
your recent work on PWM controller supervision. One thing is not clear
to me: if I set MAX_MOTOR=2000 with PWM controllers, is there some
room left for attitude control when flying at full throttle? I used to
set MAX_MOTOR=210 with MKK controller, i suppose it was for this
reason?

To keep the same behaviour, should i set
MAX_MOTOR = MIN_PWM + (MAX_PWM-MIN_PWM)*210/256 ??

I noticed that the range values for the control gains are still
negative in settings_booz2.xml, I suppose it should be corrected?
One good improvement of the V4 is that the motors are really switched
OFF when you kill them, this could be added to the release notes?

Regards

Loïc