[Paparazzi-devel] Rotorcraft stabilization

From: Eduardo lavratti
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Rotorcraft stabilization
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 22:08:12 +0000

Felix, what hardware are you and other friends using on rotor craft.
Anyone using lisa/m with aspirin ?

Yesterday i do 8 flight with my new quadrocopter.
result: 9 props broken.

I fly with all propeller very well balanced and the quad never stay horizontal.
Some times bank to left ... some times pitch up ... some times turn yaw.
BTW, the yaw have much jitter.
MAgnetometer need extra configuration to lock YAW ?

for a test i put LOW-PASS filter in ACCelerometer.
The attitude work much better but continue with same issue (bank, pith randomly).

My hardware is lisa/m with aspirin.

For complere de test, i put me mikrokopter controller in the same frame and the quad fly perfect. Completly horizontal and without any disturb.

Another test i do tomorrow is put my other IMU on lisa/m.
I am trying to connect IMU on i2c1 but i am havving some strange issue.

Its possible ?

I connot connect in i2c2 because my imu use lsm303 and the i2caddress of magnetometer will conflict with aspirim MAG.

for now its my problem.
i never do a good flight with PPZ rotorcraft.
i fly rotorcrafts and helis for 4 year.